Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cuteness Update: 2 years, 8 months

Avi is so much fun!  I was thinking the other day: it's great she has her "bad" moments like tantrums, because otherwise, we would have a world population of 20 billion - you'd want to have toddlers around all the time!  Here's some of the endearing, cute, silly and amazing things she's done this week:

"When I was a little baby, I used to say Okie dokie artichokey." She's two and a half!

"I'm not going to sleep, I'm just going to wake up."  She'll say as she's about to take a nap.

During a morning stay at bilingual Pacha and Millie's house the other day, Pacha texted me this: I just told Millie and Avi to put on socks and shoes. In German. The Avi responded: put on shoes? In German. I nodded, then she turned around and said "Where are our shoesies?" (In English).  Isn't that amazing that Avi is partially bilingual just from hanging around Pacha and Millie for 3 hours a week?!  Thanks to Pacha - whom I beg to speak only German to my child - do you know how hard that is to speak to a toddler only in a foreign language (who's hard enough to communicate with in their native language)?

She counts by saying "two ones" which means 2, or "five ones" which means 5.

She calls us by our first names often, by our pronouns at other times, and by a combo at other times, like "Michael Daddy."

                                       Wearing a tutu on her head.
                                                                                        Going "outside" to scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment