Friday, August 6, 2010

Vancouver Water Parks

As a child, I remember going to the waterparks in Vancouver. The city has these awesome and completely free water parks - and kids go wild there. So, now that I have a kid of my own, I want her to experience the fun. Though I may be pushing it a little with her age (13 months while most of the kids are 4-12 years old), she held her ground (and her daddy's hand) and had a blast!
Let me down! Enough of this photo op, stuff - I want to play!

Cool Avi. I remember playing at this water park near Granville Island as a kid. Though it wasn't at all this nice. For example, the waterslide (which is just out of the frame) didn't exist in the 80's!

We also went to the Aquatic Center in Downtown Vancouver.

Avi played in their baby pool.

Mommy and Daddy played in the "big kid" dive pool! (If you look closely, you can see mommy diving off the lower left diving board.)

Avi's friend Julia. Julia came up to Avi and instantly they made friends (despite the fact that Julia is 3 times older than Avi). Julia, a little Canadian-Italian girl would pat Avi's cheeks like a loving old Italian grandmother would do to a younger person. I thought her maternal-love towards Avi was so endearing. I also thought it was special that her name was Julia, since I am sure Avi is missing her Grandmother Julia's loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment