Sunday, June 2, 2013

Today you're amazing

Mila, because you're the second child I feel like sometimes I don't have the time to dedicate to writing about you like I did with our first. But let me say: you amaze me! Today we learned you can throw a big air ball by bringing it up over your head, rocking your arms forward & letting go just at the right moment. Your sister Avi was THRILLED that you two were playing ball together. Someone came by & the first thing Avi told them was, " My sister can throw a ball because she's 1 now."
Today, Sunday, we celebrated your birthday with a simple party with friends & neighbors. So many came by to say hi & wish you love & joy. You really make a lot of people happy. In fact, just in case for some strange reason you don't hear it from us a thousand times over - you're the happiest baby! Strangers stop me several times a day & say things like: that is the happiest baby I've ever seen, or She has the best smile, or I can't believe how happy she is! We are so blessed by your innate joy - and I thank God that he gave you such a treasure that can never be taken from you.
Today, I have a little cold, so I sat down on the couch (a thing I rarely do as a mother if two small kids) and I just watched you crawl around. As I sat there watching you with Sitti & Michael nearby, I thought: there's no other place I'd rather be right now. Nothing I'd rather do. No entertainment greater than watching your cute little body crawl across the rug, pull yourself to standing on the sofa, then turn and give us a triumphant smile. You (and your sister & father) make my life complete. I love you so much - thank you for choosing us to be your family.