Thursday, August 16, 2012

There's more?!?

So, my daughters, let me warn you... there's more after being pregnant and giving birth.  For some reason, I thought after 9 months of pregnancy then the climax of birth, it would all be over, I'd have my body back and things would be normal again...  Not so!  After birth there are all sorts of surprises.  Like when you're pregnant you don't have your period for 9 months.  Woohoo!  But then you bleed for 2-4 weeks after birth...  You shouldn't drink more than half a glass of wine or beer during pregnancy, then after you can drink beer which is good for your breast milk (but only one beer a day) and you can't eat like 20 different foods because it will make the baby gassy (including: chocolate!, broccoli, dairy, tomatoes, onions, garlic, spicy foods, and many more).  Oh, and about 3 days after the baby is born, your milk comes in full force and your boobs swell 2 sizes larger and hurt - and cabbage leaves helps the pain and heat of engorgement (thus explaining the above picture).  There's a LOT more, but I will let you discover them all on your own someday.  One question you may have: Is it worth it?  Absolutely.  I LOVE you girls!

p.s. when you're reading this and I'm old and pudgy, just remember one day I had a flat, toned tummy.  But, I would trade a thousand fit tummies for one kiss on your sweet tummy any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment