Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mama Maren's Day (a.k.a. Mother's Day) 2012

Thank you, to my wonderful man, Michael, for the best mother's day yet!  He planned a "Placenta Planting Party" and gave me the invite the day before.  (Now, this may not seem like much, but I've been begging Michael to plant Aveah's placenta since she was born almost 3 years ago!)  He also let me go to prenatal yoga (like he does every week - and for which I'm so grateful!) and he gave me a foot massage and a beautiful purple ring that symbolizes Aveah's birth stone.  Oh, and he wrote me the most amazing poem ever! My favorite to date!

 Michael made "mocktails" (cocktails appropriate for a pregnant woman).  These included: beet, pineapple, and tangerine juices, muddled basil, ginger ale and lots of love!  (Another "promise" that he made about 3.5 years ago when I was pregnant with Aveah, and he is now following through on.  Gotta love the timeline of this guy!)

Digging a hole under the lime tree.

Showing Aveah her first source of food and nutrients.  She listened really intensely.  I'm sorta glad we waited and she got to be such a big part of this ceremony.  It made me realize how amazing the body is (especially since I'm growing another placenta - and it's feeding my baby - right now)!

Helping Daddy bury her placenta.


 Enjoying my family - the best part of mother's day!  Ahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment