Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Avi have soup."

Today was a big day in the life of Aveah.  She's 20 months old and her vocabulary has exploded as she is honing her speech skills.  She can repeat almost any word back to you if you say it slowly and repeat it for her.  Amazing!  This may not seem that "amazing", but when you've waited 29 months to hear your baby say your name, believe me, it's ah-maz-zing!

Today while eating soup, unprompted, Avi just says, "Avi have soup."  She created this sentence on her own.  Mommy didn't make it up and then have Avi repeat it.  No.  Avi constructed a sentence, with correct syntax and all on her own!  (Don't worry, we'll work on that verb conjugation soon.)

Then, as if this wasn't enough excitement for one day in the life of a 20 month and 2-day old, Avi used the toilet.  She was playing with Daddy, and he noticed her saying "potty".  So he took her to her little toilet, and she tried pulling her pants off on her own!  He helped her with her pants and diaper off, and then she sat by herself on the toilet and went pee!  Can you believe it?  I can't!

Today was a good day with Avi.  My little Dove, I am very proud of you.  At the same time I'm sad.  When I put you to bed tonight, I thought, This little girl won't be here tomorrow, she will already be older and be someone new and smarter and more independent.  Sometimes I hate putting you to bed because I know this day is over and I will never have the same you back.  But at the same time, I look forward to each morning (as long as it isn't too early) and "opening the present" which is you, Avi Dove!  Thank you for sharing your days with me and your daddy.