Monday, December 15, 2008

"So, how do you feel?"

Since almost everyday I get asked this question, I will go into the nitty-gritty detail of exactly how a newly-pregnant woman feels. I must admit, every one's journey is different; for example, I never had to vomit. In fact, I feel a little cheated by that. The movies always show the new mom indiscreetly hovered over some trash can. I thought it was a rite of passage. Guess I was wrong. In contrast, I have been very hungry and holding all my food down. The biggest (literally) pain of pregnancy for me thus far is my swelling breasts. They are painful! When I hug someone, roll over in bed, or just stretch the wrong way they ache with sharp pains. I also have been breaking out like I was in high school again - so much for that "glowing, radiant skin" everyone talks about in pregnancy. I have been tired, but not exhausted. A recent hike and photo shoot later in the afternoon did send me to bed at 8:00, but that's not normal. One disturbing thing about being pregnant is loosing your mind. I feel just plain stupid sometimes. I forget things, loose my train of thought, am oblivious to obvious situations, etc. The good news is I haven't been too "hormonal" (at least that's what I think, ask Michael and he may have another answer.) In fact, the first 5-6 weeks of my pregnancy I was sort of in this totally relaxed la-la-land where nothing fazed me! Recently, I have been getting more opinionated and speaking my mind more adamantly about anything from work, to my dogs, to getting our broken dishwasher replaced! But no major "fits" yet. Let's hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment