Thursday, November 12, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!


Today was my best birthday ever.  Despite the fact that I was woken at 6:45 a.m. to feed an unhappy baby and that when I tried to talk in Parent Participation she started screaming... what made it the best birthday ever was those things in a weird way.  Avi made this birthday so special to me.  Her presence - even at 6:45 a.m. - was a present itself!  And then, when suddenly, everyone in class turned to me (and Avi who was staring out while sitting on my lap) and shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and it startled the little Avi so much she started screaming at the top of her lungs and her little face contorted into pain and confusion, even that was a present - just her cute reaction to that benign (but enthusiastic) greeting.

After class, me and two friends went (along with our baby girls) to Sycamore Hot Springs for an hour soak in a mineral tub, then off to Marisol for some appetizers by the ocean.  The weather was perfect: sunny, blue skies, warm, the tiniest breeze to keep things not too hot.  Thanks, God!
 
Avi splashed her toes in the tub.

Avi's sleeping in the Ergo Baby carrier.


No comments:

Post a Comment